- Insulated wires that lower the chance of faults or short circuits that can create sparks when they come into contact with animals, vegetation, or other debris.
- Composite poles that are stronger and more resilient than wood poles.
- Fast-acting fuses, advanced lightning arrestors, and other devices that can react more quickly to minimize fire risks.
Wildfire Safety Is Our Priority
As California’s climate conditions have changed, the traditional idea of a fire “season” has evolved into a year-long battle against stronger, faster wildfires. About a quarter of SCE’s service territory is categorized as a high fire risk area. In order to keep our customers, employees, and the public safe, we’ve made it our priority to invest in improvements to help prevent wildfires and act quickly when they occur.
How We’re Strengthening Our System
Make sure your contact information is accurate and sign up to receive outage alerts.
Write one sentence to convince visitors about your message.
Our fire management team works with fire agencies throughout our service territory to:
- Improve service reliability during critical incidents
- Support public and firefighter safety
- Foster relationships that improve response times